Roblox is one of the most popular games in the world, but is currently limited to several platforms. Chrome OS isn’t on the “supported” list, but thanks to the Google Play Store, Roblox is just a few clicks away.
What Is Roblox?
Roblox is an online multiplayer online (MMO) gaming platform where you can design, share and play games with other players. This platform – originally released in 2006 – organizes games and virtual worlds in various genres, such as simulations, puzzles, role games and racing games, to name a few. Every game on Roblox is called “Obby,” short for obstacles.
See also: Free Robux Without Installing Apps
With 90+ million active users per month and more than 15 million games created, Roblox is quite possibly the most popular game you’ve never played. Roblox is available for Windows, Android, mac, iOS, and Xbox.
Unfortunately, if you want to make your own Roblox Obby, the Roblox Developer software is only available on Windows and Mac operating systems. However, you can play it on a Chromebook – assuming it has access to the Android application on the Google Play Store.
How to Get Roblox on a Chromebook
- Open the Google Play Store, type “Roblox” into the search bar and press Enter.
- From the game list, click “Install” under Roblox to start the download.
- Once installed, click “Open.”
- If you prefer to open it later, you can do it from the application drawer. Click the drawer icon, then scroll until you find the Roblox icon and click on it.
- After Roblox opens, click “Register” to create a new user – if you already have a Roblox account, click “Sign in” to enter your username and password.
- Enter your date of birth, username, password and gender, then click “Register.”
- Your date of birth is used to determine which of the two age categories where you will be placed, either “<13” (under 13 years) or “13+” (over 13 years). “<13” accounts are given strong chat and post filters, strict security settings, and only the ability to send and receive messages directly from friends on Roblox.
- After registering, you will see a homepage, where you can choose Obby to start playing. Click “View All” to see a complete list of Obbies.
- When you find the Obby you’re interested in, click to find out more about it on its page.
- When you finally decide on Obby, click the Play button to join the server.
- After you join the server, it’s time to have fun and complete the course.
- Unless the server developer has disabled it, you should be able to use the keyboard and mouse to navigate in the game. However, if your server does not allow keyboards and mice, you must have a touch screen to move using the on-screen Dpad.
- After mastering the game, you can return to the main menu to choose a new Hobby to play. Click the Hamburger icon in the upper left corner and then click “Leave Game.”
- Then, click “Leave” again to return to the game menu.
- After you leave the game, choose a new one from the main menu to explore the various worlds that await you.
It’s easy to see why Roblox is a very popular game. With a seemingly endless number of games and the ability to create more programs to share with the world, you can quickly get lost exploring all of this digital world.
That was the article about How to get Roblox on a Chromebook. If you have questions about Roblox for Chromebook, please write in the comments column. Thanks for visiting.